Improving brain function – curcumin can increase brain levels of BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor), which is a type of growth hormone that can help neurons to form new connections & multiply.
Lowers risk of heart disease, prevent cancer & Alzheimer’s, helps with arthritis.
Delays aging (antioxidants).
- 1 cup of milk of choice (I like almond/coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder or 1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger
- (optional) 1 tsp of honey/maple syrup/agave/coconut nectar
- Mix all the spices in a cup.
- Warm up the milk.
- Add 1 inch of warm milk to the spices and mix until no lumps are left (I use a hand frother).
- Add the remaining milk and enjoy! *I like it frothy so I froth the milk before adding to the milk/spice mixture.
- - If you're not a big fan of milk , you can use 1/4 cup water to mix in the spices, then add the remaining 3/4 cup of milk.
Are you a fan of Golden Milk? Do you prepare it differently? I’d love to know, comment !