I just discovered/created a summer afternoon treat and it’s around to 120 calories! It’s super healthy and refreshing. You might be wondering why am I posting this since this is a blog about tea, well this smoothie has tea!
The chocolate taste comes from the tea (really!). There is such thing as chocolate tea and it’s also great to have as a latte (like I do sometimes in the morning), as a dessert hot tea and now I’m having it in my smoothies.
I got a new electric glass kettle and it’s working like a charm. It’s beautiful to see the water boiling AND it’s quiet (my husband is so thankful!). It’s a 2-in-1 kettle and tea maker meaning it works as an electric kettle and it also comes with a large strainer to prepare tea in it, perfect to make tea for a crew! I’m talking about it because it’s extremely practical for brewing tea in large quantities. I brewed 3 cups, but since the recipe uses only 1/2 cup of brewed tea, I stored the rest in a jar in the fridge to make more for the following days, since I knew I was going to want more (because it’s a bit addictive).
This healthy banana split smoothie is simple to make, although it requires a bit of planning since you need a frozen banana to make it. You also need to brew the tea beforehand and let it cool for a while. It only has 3 ingredients: banana, almond milk and brewed tea. NO SUGAR! If you like banana splits I assure you, this is the perfect and healthiest way to have it!
- 1 Previously frozen banana, sliced
- 2 Tsp chocolate tea (see recommended options at the end of the post)
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Slice the banana and place it on a ziploc bag in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Brew the 2 tsp of chocolate tea in the 1 cup of boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain and let cool until it has reached room temperature (I don't like adding ice since it dilutes the strength of the tea, and you need it quite strong).
- Blend the banana, 1/2 cup of brewed chocolate tea and 1/2 cup of almond milk in a blender until smooth.
When you play around with flavored tea, the options are endless! Smoothies, cocktails, iced teas and much more. Subscribe to stay updated on new recipes and let me know if you try this by tagging me on instagram @teacachai or leave me a comment