Matcha latte is my go-to morning drink, what’s yours? I love trying out different non-dairy milk and making them at home, too. One of my favorite combinations is pistachio Matcha latte. Once I tried this, I got hooked, so I make it very often. This drink is really special and oh-so-delicious!
The key to its success is to make creamy pistachio milk. Homemade nut milk is extremely easy to make, the only tools you need are a blender and cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
(Please note this post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you click through and make a purchase. I only recommend products I’ve tried and liked. Thanks for supporting my blog!)
Pistachio Milk is not an easy one to find and it’s really easy to make at home. Just like other kinds of nut milk, pistachios need to be presoaked, rinsed, blended and strained. Many nut milk recipes call for 1 cup of nuts to 4 cups of water, but with pistachios, I prefer to do a 1:3 ratio for extra creaminess and flavor. The resulting pistachio Matcha latte is totally swoon worthy!
As I mentioned before, the only tools you need to make nut milk are a good blender (you want a high-performance blender if you make nut milk often for smoother results. This one is 1000 watts!) and a reusable nut milk bag or cheesecloth to strain.
Although I prefer my pistachio Matcha latte hot, you can make this recipe iced, too. Just combine iced water and Matcha powder in a shaker bottle and shake REALLY well. Then, pour over a glass and top with iced pistachio milk (you can sweeten it too if you prefer).
I hope you make and enjoy this recipe as much as I do and please let me know how much you liked it if you make it. Share and tag me on Instagram -> @teacachai.
Pistachio Matcha Latte
- 1 cup raw, shelled pistachios
- 4 Medjool dates
- 3 cups water
PIstachio Matcha Latte
- 1/2 cup pistachio milk
- 1 tsp Matcha powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp maple syrup/agave (optional)
- Soak the raw pistachios in warm water and let sit overnight (this will make the milk creamier!).
- Drain de pistachios and discard the soaking water.
- Add soaked pistachios, Medjool dates and 3 cups of water to a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a cheesecloth or nut milk bag to strain the pistachio milk and squeeze it well to get every last drop.
- Refrigerate and use within 3-4 days.
Pistachio Matcha Latte
- Add Matcha powder to a dry and clean cup using a sifter to avoid clumps.
- Add 1 inch of hot water at 175 F and whisk vigorously using 'W' movements until froth forms. Add more hot water to complete 1/2 cup.
- Heat 1/2 cup of pistachio milk in stovetop (or microwave) and froth using a handheld frother or alternative heat and froth pistachio milk in a stand-alone frother machine. Add to cup with Matcha preparation. (Optional - add maple syrup/agave)
Share on Yum