Earl Grey Irish Cream
The classic Irish cream with a twist!
- 2 tbsp Earl Grey loose leaf tea/ 3 tea bags
- 1.5 cup (350 ml) Irish whiskey (I used Jameson)
- 1 cup (235 ml) heavy cream
- 1 can (395 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
- 2-3 drops bergamot oil (make sure it is food grade!)
Combine the tea and Irish whiskey in a glass container and let steep for 2 hours at room temperature.
Strain the tea leaves completely using a cheesecloth or super fine sieve (or remove the tea bags).
In a blender, combine the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, bergamot oil and vanilla, and blend for a few seconds at low speed. Add the Earl Grey infused whiskey to the mix and pulse a few times until everything is well combined and homogeneous (we don't want to overmix because the heavy cream whips and can get thick!).
Pour into a glass bottle or mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 6 weeks.